Hello BYC - First time Chicken Mommy :)

Hello I'm Sandra originally from Germany now close to Jacksonville, FL for the last 10 years.
Hubby brought 11 "straight run" chicks home 3 Weeks ago. Now we have 9 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and 2 Silver Laced Wyandottes - Hatched around April 3rd 2014, give & take a few days!!
We never had chickens before, but we own 2 Acres so lots of room. Our 2 Girls, 7 years and almost 4 years already enjoy the chickens and help with cleaning and of course loving on them when ever they can.
We are already thinking of German Girl Names for them
fl.gif
, but of course we have no idea what Gender they are at this point. And we can't wait for them to get older so we know, which they would be easier to identify.
This weekend hubby is finally starting to build a mobile coop and I am very excited about this new journey in our lives! I have searched a lot of stuff questions on here already, so I figured I'll join.
I'm already thankful for all the help and answers all you members will provide in the new future for my questions.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Yes, this is the place to be when you own poultry. This site is just bursting at the seams with knowledge!

If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask. Enjoy this wonderful journey you are on and welcome to our flock!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you will have a pretty little flock, love the Wyandottes, keeping fingers crossed you will have lots of girls! :fl Here is a nice website with a list of German names my parents use for ideas for their pets http://german.about.com/library/blname_Girls.htm
Good luck with the coop build!

Thank you so much for the nice welcome TwoCrows, Kelsie2290 and Dawg53.

I'm very much into this journey, this chicks are so funny, nice and really very friendly, so happy hubby got them, without telling me anything.

Here is a pic of Our Chick Crew or in German Zibberla:

Thanks for the webpage, we already have a long list :) FB Friends had fun helping and of course my parents.

Can't wait for hubby to start building, I'm sure it will be great.

Back
Top Bottom