Hello BYC, I'm new to chicken everything.

Chicksandme

Songster
8 Years
Aug 27, 2015
Amador County, California
We have recently moved to Amador County in Ca. I'm in Volcano a vey small town of about 108 people but we are near bigger towns and city about 20/30 minutes away. We have 10 acres and we have been doing lots of projects to make this our dream home. One of the first thing is to raise our own chicken so, we bought a chicken coop and now in the process of building a run for the chicks to roam so they can be safe from the predators. Next step is finding a local people that I can buy chicks from? I hope to connect with some people in my area, soon!

I'm totally new to this so if you have any tips and info I need, I would love it if you can share with me. There is lots of treads but where to start?

welcome-byc.gif

To find local members, go to your state thread. Here's a link to help you find them:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

Good luck getting the flock you want!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on Blooie; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is loads of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom