Hello BYC! I've Got Hennies In My Heart! <3

Mar 12, 2018
Colorado
Hello peeps!

I am new here, but not new to chooks. Here are my answers to the questions proposed for new members:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
When I was 8 years old, a family friend gave me 2 baby Buff Orpington chicks for Easter. They stole my heart and I've loved chooks ever since! I've had several breeds over the years; wyandottes and barred rocks were favorites. My hennies are pets, not food.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have just recently moved to a house with a backyard, so I am ecstatic to have the opportunity to have hennies again! Right now I am incubating hatching eggs and hope for chickies in early April!
(3) What breeds do you have?
I am currently incubating Coronation Sussex and Jubilee Orpington hatching eggs: two breeds I've always wanted!
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
An Internet search led me here.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love to cook, bake, garden, raise Monarch butterflies and spoil my puggies!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Our family consists of me, my hubby, our 3 pugs, 1 kitty, and hopefully, soon-to-be backyard chooks! :) We will be keeping up to 4 hens (if I have that many hatch, of course), and any extras I will sell.

I am excited to meet other chicken lovers and hopefully share about the breeds I'm incubating right now!

G’Day from down under HenniesInMyHeart :frow Welcome!

Best wishes for a good hatch! :fl

You reference to "chooks" makes me wonder if you are in Aus [I am in Far North Queensland]?

If you are, you might want to pop in to the Aussie Thread and say hello; if not, you may Find Your State Thread via this link.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

G’Day from down under HenniesInMyHeart :frow Welcome!

Best wishes for a good hatch! :fl

You reference to "chooks" makes me wonder if you are in Aus [I am in Far North Queensland]?

If you are, you might want to pop in to the Aussie Thread and say hello; if not, you may Find Your State Thread via this link.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Nope I'm not an Aussie; I've just heard people call chickens 'chooks' and thought it was an adorable term! I believe people in the UK say it too. Thank you for all the suggestions! I will definitely contribute pics once I have more than boring shells to look at! ^_^

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Nope I'm not an Aussie; I've just heard people call chickens 'chooks' and thought it was an adorable term! I believe people in the UK say it too. Thank you for all the suggestions! I will definitely contribute pics once I have more than boring shells to look at! ^_^

Tee hee, I am pleased we are rubbing off on people ;)

I have also been heard to call them chookens :p

Once again, best wishes with the hatch and I look forward to beautiful, fuzzy baby pics!

Back
Top Bottom