Hello, BYC!

rusticpumpkins

In the Brooder
Aug 13, 2016
GA, USA
Hello! I've kept chickens since a family friend gave me a handful of chicks at age 9, and now, 12 years later, I still have chickens and now peacocks and quails added to the mix.
My flock right now is 30 + bantams, 1 red star hen thats pushing 11 yrs old now, a silkie roo and an olive egger hen.
This year I started raising my own chicks, and still am. I currently have 5 babies with more on the way. I'm looking at starting to sell eggs in the future. I'm all about natural remedies and humanely raising chickens. Hippie nonesense like that (as my grandpa would say).
I've been using this forum as a resourse for years now and finally decided to start joining in on disscussions!

Hi and welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard with us. I'm sure that sharing your experience will help out other members considerably, and hopefully, there may be a few nuggets that you may pick up along the way. Make yourself at home here with us.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

All the best
CT

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you decided to join us.

I do envy your experience and hope you will share it in the forums.

Good luck with the hatching.

Back
Top Bottom