Hello BYC!

Caileys_Chickens

Songster
Dec 6, 2018
Hello BYC, my name is Cailey and I'm a proud owner of 24 chickens and 5 roosters. (They're very passive, we only have one aggressive one but they keep him in check). I've been on and off this website for a while and have just decided to make an account to help others! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

851B1D23-A624-417B-B25C-A9268010600D.gif

Welcome to BYC! We are glad you joined. Don’t forget to check out the Learning Center if haven’t already.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

Hello Caily and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
You don't have behavioral issues with that many roosters to 24 hens?
Actually we dont. Our main roster is a silkie and hes established his dominant role as the leader. There's a a 3 chicks we got from IFA that stick together and ones a rooster. Then we have two others from random eggs our chicken Rhode Runner (a silver pheonix) hatched (she hatched several eggs, none were her own). They all survived and the two split the chickens and they go off on their own. Then we have Hei Hei. Hes... hes something. Hes a giant golden cross and has an attitude, but our silkie rooster keeps him in check for the most part. He likes to hangout with our silkie lady and three Easter eggers.

Back
Top Bottom