Hello BYC!

akachanChick

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 20, 2013
Somewhat new to raising backyard hens, excited to be a part of this great community! This is my 3rd flock, around 10 months old now. I am learning a lot from my past mistakes and hopefully continue to enjoy watching my 5 hens happy and enjoy life with us in our small backyard. Being in quarantine is a great time to raise chicks. I really enjoy watching our girls thrive and now laying 4-5 eggs a day!! I suppose our modest footprint is now a bit of a zoo! LOL- a girl dog, a male cat, 5 hens, a girl? budgie, 1 boy cockatiel... O, and a teenager!

(Silver Cuckoo Maran - Godzilla, Super Blue Egger - Millie, Green Queen Easter Egger - Blue, Golden Buff & Buff Brahma - Peanut)

Love caring for our girls and boys.

What a lovely, diverse group of hens! You must have a beautiful basket of eggs to enjoy!

Learning from past mistakes is often painful, isn't it? But, the good news is that you made it through and your new girls will benefit from your experience.

Welcome to BYC! You're going to meet a lot of kind, generous, knowledgeable people here who will be happy to guide and encourage you.

Back
Top Bottom