Hello BYC!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
my roo when he started to crow, he sounded hoarse. my friend had a bantam roo and he couldn't crow very well. I think its because he is little
big_smile.png

I'm so excited for you. I would love to see some photos of your cherry eggers. Do you have any photos to post yet? They sound cool. Are their eggs definitely going to be cherry colored? It sounds like you have a great flock started. Good luck and welcome. I'm new too. Are you in Colorado like I am? Talk to you later...Angela (dsquawker)

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! I have found that this site is very informative and if you are not sure about how or what you are doing with your pets, someone will help you out! I love it. I myself am not a lover of birds, however our chickens are the best, and so entertaining:lol: Wouldn't trade them for the world!

Howdy from Kansas, CoMtnMan and
welcome-byc.gif
. Great to have you aboard. I've read a lot of accounts just like yours - how one spouse indulges the other by building a coop or just getting chickens at all, and the other spouse comes around and enjoys the chickens as well! Best of luck to you!
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Thanks. I don't have any pics yet, but the cherry-eggers lay a reddish colored egg (more red than brown). They are also not very photogenic at the moment as the person we got them from had them in with several roosters (so their bums are quite bare, but slowly feathering in). I'm in Durango and trying to get the coop ready for winter snows. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom