Hello chicken folks

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fieona, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Fieona

Fieona New Egg

Nov 15, 2008
    Hi,

Want to have some country life in my 1/2acre track home property. Hubby is going to build me a cute coop for them "The playhouse coop" . thinking 6 chickens would be just right, coop can hold up to 8 though. Want them for fresh eggs and enjoyment. Decided to i want to get Orpingtons because they look fluffy and cuddly and according to what i read they are calm and friendly [​IMG]. I want to get them as young as possible because i thought they would become more attached to me this way. Not sure if that's true though? Anyways looking forward to having them become part of our home, and glad to have found BYC to make it a successfull journey. [​IMG]

2. Chicabee19

Chicabee19 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2008
    n/a
    hi there! [​IMG]

I suggest getting more than just one breed of chicken! The mix of colors and personalities can be so fun. [​IMG]

3. sunnydee

sunnydee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    Maine
    [​IMG]

4. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

I love Orps! I have white and buff, but would love to add black, blue, and splash......

Welcome to BYC!

5. Taylorbird

Taylorbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Good Ole GA
    When it comes to chickens getting "attached" to you.......if you feed them, they LOVE you....and as for breeds, I must recommend Buff Orpingtons! They are so tame!

6. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    [​IMG]

7. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes, Buff Orps are darling, but I suggest you throw a Rhode Island Red hen in with the bunch and a Barred Rock, they are so silly! [​IMG]

8. Taylorbird

Taylorbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Good Ole GA
    I agree PeeperKeeper....I have a few of those too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by