Hello Chicken Lovers!

cmaixa1303

Chirping
Sep 5, 2019
Kissimmee, Florida
Hi everyone! I'm new to chicken keeping & I'm obsessed! ;) I got my 1st 2 Buff Orpingtons on Mother's Day 2019 & just couldn't resist getting more. I currently have 6 chickens. It used to be 7 but one of my pullets ended up being a roo so I sadly had to rehome my sweet boy at 14 weeks due to the crowing. I currently have 2 Buffs, 1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte, and 3 Silkies.
I love my sweet girls even if I'm only their doorman to free range & treat giver. ;) I can sit all day watching them & talking to them. It's so relaxing and fun. Sometimes I feel like Elmyra and hold them while I repeatedly say "I just want to hug you and squeeze you & love you and name you George!" :)
I always read the posts on this website and it has become my go to for everything chicken related. I finally decided to sign up and am very excited to be a part of this amazing group!

Welcome to BYC.
:yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

Be careful with feeding treats...remember they are like candy/chips and they take away from the girls getting a complete balanced diet.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site (how to upload photos too):

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops.

What exactly did you Google to get here? <<<<<<<<<<<

BYC has an APP!

Obsession seems to happen quickly with chickens, as you have now learned. Sounds like you will be a great member -- because you already know that any bad day can become a good one when you spend some time with your chickens (By the way, at my house, that includes ducks and the world's silliest geese). Welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom