Hello, Chicken People

smk

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 20, 2011
Hi, Everyone!

I've been coming to BYC for a while to look at pics of the different breeds and also to check out the amazing coop designs. After much discussion, my husband gave his blessing finally(yay!) and our 6 bantams arrived one week ago. We have two Silkies (one white, one buff), a black Easter Egger, one Welsummer, one Barbu d'Uccle, and one Silver Sebright. They are all doing well so far. I'm hoping that all are females (got them from mypetchicken.com-- they have a 90% accuracy rate venting day old chicks). Of course, it is way too early to tell, but one of the silkies does seem to have male characteristics. I'm hoping I'm wrong
smile.png

We live in a suburb of Los Angeles, CA... None of the neighbors has chickens (that I know of!) but a lot of people on our street have vegetable gardens and are in to composting. I don't own a composter yet, but I'm looking forward to getting one so that I can compost their droppings... Goodness, do those little girls poop a lot!
wink.png

We don't have our coop yet, but I've purchased the Garden Coop plans... Seems kind of expensive to build, so I will probably use them as a starting point and try to do my own thing!

Looking forward to watching my chicks grow up and graduate to the backyard!

Summer M.

Hello Summer, and welcome to BYC from OHIO!

We love to see pics, so maybe you chould share some with us soon! Glad you joined!

Sharon

Back
Top Bottom