Hello Chicks!

newCHICKNmama

Hatching
8 Years
May 30, 2011
Hi, my name is Bekah. I am a full time stay at home mom living in the beautiful mountains of NC with my 2 kids (ages 4 and 2), my husband, a cat, and a total of 15 chickens. Eleven of my chickens are around 12 weeks old and are Barred Rocks, Black Australorps, Sex-Links, and a Buff Orpington. I also have 4 two week old chicks in my house living in a big tote and they are Buff Orpingtons and RIRs. I love my chickens more than I thought possible and although they are "just chickens" (said my husband) they are a part of the family! I've had one casualty thus far and I cried like a little baby! There's still a lot of work ahead of us with regards to setting up a safe, permanent run and building the nest boxes, but it's so worth it! Right now, my bigger girls and roo are free ranging our 2/3 acre while we are home and they are loving it! My cat, on the other hand, hates them and sees them as possible dinner! I'm keeping my eye on that cat!

I am appreciative of this website and all of you chicken keepers out there! Prior to getting our chicks, I came to this site regularly to do research. Your wisdom has been so valuable to me! This time last year, keeping chickens was just a dream and I'm proud to say that dream's come true, with the help of this site!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your chicks. I am sure they will be as much of a joy to you as mine are to me.
smile.png

Thanks!

I love the mountains. I grew up on the coast of NC, but once I saw the mountains, I fell in love and have been here ever since!

I do have some pictures, but haven't uploaded them to my computer yet. That will be for another day! Right now, I need to get the kids ready for my son's class in town (the one draw back to living in the county: the commute into town!)
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom