Hello everybody im Baz WouldI

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
So glad you joined us!!!!
wee.gif

HI . can anyone help me with a problem i have with one of my girls? Tomorrow wendy is a 8 month isa brown whose top beak is shorter than her bottom one' Every 3 months we have to clip it so she can eat and drink, Is there something we can do for her?
Thank you

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
I've had a smiler problem with some ex battery hens I had. Their beaks were trimmed quite bad and they had difficulty picking up food. What I found helped is if I mixed their food with a bit of water so it's like a dryish porridge consistency and put in in bowls for them. I made it deep enough so they could dip their beaks into it and it made eating much easier for them.

HI . can anyone help me with a problem i have with one of my girls? Tomorrow wendy is a 8 month isa brown whose top beak is shorter than her bottom one' Every 3 months we have to clip it so she can eat and drink, Is there something we can do for her?
Thank you
Welcome Baz,
So glad to have you as another member here!

Go to the Forums Tab, then to Raising Backyard Chickens,

Then click the "Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures" tabs. Post your question in there. There are always people patrolling those links and are full of knowledge. They might not see your question in the "New Member" section and there you will get tons of repsonses and advice.

welcome-byc.gif

MB

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom