Hello everyone from Orange County NY (Walden) (Hudson River)

HudsonValleyGirl

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 9, 2010
Hi.

My name is Janice. I am a Pre-Kindergarten teacher for a local school district in my area. I live in Walden, NY with my husband, 2 cats, and 6 pullets. I enjoy reading, taking bubble baths, and having a glass of wine on Friday nights.

I have been raising chickens practically my whole life. It all started when I was three. My dad brought in a chick from our coop that "Wasn't going to make it". I watched my dad take care of that chicken as if it was his baby. He nursed it back to health and ever since I have been hooked. I have raised mostly bantams on my own (Silkies), but we also raised common egg layers (Leghorns, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orphingtons, and many others.

It is almost 1 whole year in my first home with my husband. He had alwayed said NO CHICKENS. Well this April, I finally chewed him down, and he agreed. He is the type that you just give him a list of the good the bad and the ugly, he looks over it, and then makes a rational decision. He said it was ok with him. I went to a local feed store and bought 4 Rode Island Reds (Known as THE REDs for now), and 2 Blue Andelusions (Lilly and Daisy).

I am so happy to have found this forum. Chicken people are unlike other people. We get so excited about chickens, and we truely want what is best for our flock.

Thanks for letting me speak and I am so very happy to be on this site.

Thanks

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. It is a great place.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom