1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello everyone from southern middle Tennessee

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by junglejim70, Jun 22, 2016.

1. junglejim70

junglejim70 Just Hatched

Jun 22, 2016
    Just got in the chicken business when my youngest grandson got 26 red sex links from his 4-H club. They're 2 months old and growing fast. I picked up 3 young Black Australorp roosters that I'm gonna cross with them. Looks like this site is a really good one with a lot of fine folks.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  3. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] This is a wonderful site and we have some really amazing people here. Glad you joined us!

4. uncertainty

uncertainty Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2015
    Great White North
    Hi; glad you have joined us at BYC. We have a lot in common - this is my first flock too, made up of 25 red sex-links, who are just shy of two months old. I didn't get them from my grandson and 4-H, but one of my granddaughters wants to hatch a dozen eggs come spring as part of a 4-H project. What a great family enterprise this is turning out to be. The members at BYC are very helpful, I know you will find this site to be a great resource.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens, glad to have you with us.

6. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    Thats awesome @junglejim70 and [​IMG]!
    I am happy you joined our site because it is very helpful for all chicken needs. Make sure you follow CTKen's links because those will help you. The only other link I can give you that may be helpful is the Family Updates if you have any free time and wanna post updates and pics https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates I hope I can see pictures of your beautiful chickens and if you need any help you can always PM me! All the best of luck and have a great Summer remember to stay cool!
    Justin [​IMG]

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by