Hello everyone! Has anyone ever seen this?

What you are describing sounds like when people have "floaters," in their eyes, generally a benign condition. I know many people who experience it now and then. I was going to say unless the floaters are large, I wouldn't ask a doctor about it. But, there is no way you can tell what your hen is seeing.

I know for me sometimes it occurs when I am staring out the window on a very sunny day.
Once I had such a large dark floater, I kept looking in the mirror because I thought something was on my eye. It wasn't. My eye doctor said it was the last one I would be having so I shouldn't worry about it.

Well it wasn't the last one I had but, I've had small/numerous ones now and then. Not enough to be concerned about. Sometimes I see them on the monitor and start "swatting," like it's little bugs. It isn't.

Since it's a chicken and not a human, she can't describe what she is seeing. But you could mention it on the "Emergencies, diseases, injuries, cures," thread. and see if someone there has had a similar issue with a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom