Hello Everyone!

falconhawkfowl7

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2016
Hi there,
I am new to the site and would like to find some breeders of Old English bantams in my area. I live in VA. Thank you and any leads will be well appreciated.

Hello and :welcome
We are glad you joined us!
Try posting this in the buy sell and trade thread. I'm sure you will get a lot more responses. :)

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I would suggest posting the word Virginia in the blue Search box at the top of the page and inquiring on some of the Virginia threads. Hopefully someone in your area will be able to help you locate some Old English Game bantams. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Thank you Michael! I truly appreciate your warm welcome. I hope to develop some nice friendships through this site with many of the like minded people here. I have always raised chickens since I was a child and stop for awhile when I went off to college. A few years ago, I restarted my hobby again and have many chickens now. What kind of chickens or fowl do you raise? Luis

Thank you to you too CherriesBrood! I also appreciate your warm welcoming. What breed/s do you raise? Luis

Thank you to you too CherriesBrood!  I also appreciate your warm welcoming.  What breed/s do you raise?  Luis

I have a lot right now actually, I have barred rocks, coco maroons, buff orpingotn, leghorns, golden laced Wyandotte, Cochins, salmon Favorelle, Easter Egger, and a black sex link. I'm trying to find new homes for half of my flock because they are old and have stopped laying eggs, once I do I will be getting a ton more breeds! :)

Thank you Michael! I truly appreciate your warm welcome. I hope to develop some nice friendships through this site with many of the like minded people here. I have always raised chickens since I was a child and stop for awhile when I went off to college. A few years ago, I restarted my hobby again and have many chickens now. What kind of chickens or fowl do you raise? Luis

You're welcome. I've had dozens of breeds over the years, but our family bought a place in Montana in mid-September and we currently don't have any chickens. We moved from Hawaii too late in the year to purchase chicks here. I'm planning on building another coop in late winter or early spring and getting some more chicks in the Spring. At this time I'm leaning toward Black Sex Links for high egg production. Perhaps some Australorps as well. I'm even considering getting some Salmon Faverolles. My decision will hinge somewhat on what's available in our area and whether or not I buy locally or through a hatchery.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Hi Luis,
welcome-byc.gif

How nice you'll be able to get back into poultry! I've had my flock for a bit over 2 years now and I'm hooked, lol. I've enjoyed the chickens so much, I'm branching out into ducks this spring. There's always something new and fun with birds.

Hope you find the ones you want!

Thank you NorthFLchick! I truly appreciate your good wishes. We have ducks too. We have 14 laying Welsh Harlequin females and an African Guard Gander with them. We raised them all together as day old. The goose is really protective of the ducks and nothing will get to them without having to go through him. And he is no joke! Best of luck to you with your new ducky additions this Spring.

Back
Top Bottom