Hello everyone!

Attachments

• 28D6BA08-3F78-4B94-B821-D266FFFE62FB.jpeg
    28D6BA08-3F78-4B94-B821-D266FFFE62FB.jpeg
    710.9 KB · Views: 4
Awwww bless her, it sure is heating up.
She is very pretty, what breed is she?
I do have some fun breeds but she is a barnyard mix of unknown descent - kind of an American mutt like me! ;-) She is sitting on Oliver eggers that we bred (BCM x CCL) and our lone BCM egg that developed after the shipping of 12 eggs. Here is a pic of our BCM hen that hatched 12 mixed breed babies! She’s an amazing mom.

Attachments

• 9124C4F9-BB32-47D9-A9BA-15D790618F20.jpeg
    9124C4F9-BB32-47D9-A9BA-15D790618F20.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Mine's not! He's the spawn of Satan!!!
View attachment 1832243
Salmon Faverolle? He’s certainly a handsome guy! We just got four favorelle chicks, fingers crossed for pullets! I’m really hoping that they can stand the Oklahoma heat... Also got blue Ameraucana chicks. They are with their silkie mom.

Attachments

• 1DCCC92C-1BA6-4BC7-8F89-EF5191210071.jpeg
    1DCCC92C-1BA6-4BC7-8F89-EF5191210071.jpeg
    565.8 KB · Views: 2
Salmon Faverolle? He’s certainly a handsome guy! We just got four favorelle chicks, fingers crossed for pullets! I’m really hoping that they can stand the Oklahoma heat... Also got blue Ameraucana chicks. They are with their silkie mom.
Yes, he's a Salmon Faverolles.
He hates me because I've been building a new coop and run in his territory. I hope we can mend fences when all the construction is over. He is in all other ways a great rooster. He's good to my DH and let's strangers in the pen and just watches them. Me... he flogs and bites when he can! But will then happily munch on pieces of apple I hand feed him.
They are supposed to be a nice breed as far as roosters go but this is a perfect example of each bird is an individual.

@DobieLover that's because he is so much more handsome, signed a pact with the devil for those looks for sure! But yes I did get mine because they are supposed to be good tempered.

@Mixed flock enthusiast Thank you! Mine is a Faverolle, just not a french (darker type) but a german one (more colourful), I don't quite know which one is the equivalent to your salmon faverolles (I would say german, looking at @DobieLover's satanic beauty), but here's a link with pictures to differenciate the two kinds : http://houdanfaverollesclub.free.fr/standard/selectionfavall.html
Fingers crossed for your chicks, my marans is starting to look like a roo and I'm devastated, any "cheer-me-up" input would be appreciated even if I'm about 70% leaning towards cockerel : https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ans-born-june-the-11th.1317110/#post-21519046
Ps your faverolles should be able to withstand some amount of heat especially if they are born into it, we've just been through an unusual 2 week heatwave of about 35-40 C° (95-104 F°) and with a lot of watermelon, plenty of shade, and watering the ground they clucked their way through it with just a bit of panting.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom