Hello everyone!

eXoMajorPain

Chirping
Sep 4, 2019
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Very new! We just bought a house and the previous owner left us his chickens. I had no idea what I was doing. Trial and error and this place has taught me a lot!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 20 chickens.
Thirteen adult layers and seven 3 month old chicks that we bought after moving in.

(3) What breeds do you have?

13 Adults,

1 Deleware Hen - She's our lead lady in the flock!
1 Australorp
1 California White
1 Barred Rock
1 Buff Orpington
1 Easter Egger
1 Mottled Java
2 Black Sex Links
2 Cuckoo Marans
2 Blue Sapphire Rock's

7 Chicks,
2 Rhode Island Reds
2 Blue Sapphire Rock's
3 Easter Eggers

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Of course the fresh eggs. It's the first time I've ever eaten fresh eggs. And I love to watch them run around! They are so funny!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

We love working in the yard, being outdoors and taking care of our house and property! Love football, movies and playing games. Spending time with family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have been with my fiance for almost 3 years. She has a 5 year old son from a previous marriage. She stays at home and takes care of the household. My father also lives with us. He's getting older and it's just easier for us to keep an eye on him. We have a 2 year old German Shepherd named Ada~Mae who loves to herd the chickens around the yard.

We just bought a house on 5 acres in South West Washington and we absolutely love the PNW! I am a Shift Supervisor for a Grain Export Company on the Columbia River. We export American Wheat, Corn and Soybeans all over the world by ship. I have been there for 7 years and love it! I help feed the world!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I googled a question that I had about my chickens and it lead me here. I have come back looking for answers a few times since then and finally decided to join a couple weeks ago. I just liked how everyone was so helpful. No trolls looking to make people feel bad. Just plain and simple helpful answers! I love it!

Thank you all so much for having me!!

Back
Top Bottom