Hello everyone

This is the most recent photo of majority of flock! Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Attachments

• 20200725_103349.jpg
    20200725_103349.jpg
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 6
Hello everyone! I'm Aaron. I've been a backyard chicken owner since March, I hand tamed my chickens myself, with a lot of love, and built them their own coup, pen, and run. I have 2 asian blacks, 2 silver laced Wyandottes, 2 lavender orps, 3 RIR, 2 BlackCM, 1 BlueCM, 1 Lakeshore Egger, and 1 White Brahma. They're all roughly 18 to 20 weeks of age, with exception of the Lavender Orps or are about 14 weeks. I am extremely interested in permeculture, and have been experimenting with it a lot. I want this to be something of an introduction and hopefully a question answered. My issue is thus: I feel like I have provided every basic need for a chicken environment happy chickens can ask for, theyre well within the age of laying, and yet they're not laying. Each day the same 5 or 6 chickens enter the coup and inspect the nesting boxes as though they will lay, but then they very quickly change their mind and exit the coup, go to do other things. Has anyone ever experienced this? Is it potentially because this is the peak of summer time, right when theyre at egg laying age that they don't quite feel comfortable to sit for a period of time? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom