Hello everyone

Carmila

Chirping
Jan 25, 2021
Florida
So I have a hen I noticed that has 1 eye that is closed AGAIN. Last week same thing happened but the next day she was fine. Today its closed again so I have read up on (coryza) but there are other symptoms to this that she has none of. As we speak she JUST laid so that's out. Her comb is not pale and shes eating n drinking just fine. If anyone could help me figure this out I would be very appreciative of you. Thank u in advance 😊

Attachments

• 20210125_123802.jpg
    20210125_123802.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20210125_123754.jpg
    20210125_123754.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 2
It’s possible she injured it. I would get some antibiotic eye ointment for chickens to put on it and just keep an eye on her until it gets better. Its still possible she has coryza but it doesn’t sound like it. If you are worried about it you can quarantine her but if you do be careful reintroducing her to the flock as they may bully her. Though someone else more experienced may have some better advice. It always helps if you post the problem in the thread title as people are more likely to read they may be overlooking your current one. I would change it to “Hen with swollen eye” or something similar.

It’s possible she injured it. I would get some antibiotic eye ointment for chickens to put on it and just keep an eye on her until it gets better. Its still possible she has coryza but it doesn’t sound like it. If you are worried about it you can quarantine her but if you do be careful reintroducing her to the flock as they may bully her. Though someone else more experienced may have some better advice. It always helps if you post the problem in the thread title as people are more likely to read they may be overlooking your current one. I would change it to “Hen with swollen eye” or something similar.
Thank you soooo very much for all ur advice. I'm on the way to the feed store now to see if I can find some eye ointment. I'm going to clean it and keep an eye on her. Thank u again 😊

Back
Top Bottom