Hello Everyone!

LeahH

Chirping
Jun 11, 2022
I think I will just let the standard questions and answers speak for me. I'm not sure what else I could really add to them other than I'm excited to meet people and learn more about raising poultry!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I have never had chickens, but I have had ducks off and on over the last 15 years or so.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I don't have any chickens or ducks right now. I have just ordered a small setup. (Eglu Go) that I know I will be able to manage long-term, and in the meantime am trying to decide which critters to welcome into it. Probably 2 or 3 ducks, but chickens seem fun too!

I have read opinions for and against Eglu, and I do plan to upgrade and make some additions before it gets cold, but for now this option really seems like the best one for the small scale I want to stick to.

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have had many Indian Runners and a few Khaki Campbells. I love the runners but would love to experience some birds that aren't always terrified of me. (Lol)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love watching ducks and chickens foraging outside. They are so cute and funny, and generally peaceful animals to watch just go about their lives.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I really like painting with watercolors, reading, and growing my house plants (especially succulents).

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I also have a horse - although I don't have time to ride much like I used to - and two dogs. I work at a pet boarding and daycare facility right now but my dream is to someday at least supplement my income with art.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I had an account years ago, from when I first got ducks. I think it must have been deleted from inactivity. During my research to get ready for my next birds I found myself constantly looking through threads on here and decided it would be a good idea to join again!

Back
Top Bottom