Hello Everyone!

comingsummers

Hatching
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
Hello there everybody. I just stumbled accross this forum a few days ago and have been lurking and reading all the great info on here ever since. In fact I have hardly gotten anything else done since I found this great site. I actually don't have chickens yet, but hope to be able to add some to my little farm in the next month or two. My plans for this year are to get some good DP hens and some sort of meaty roo to get some meat chicks next year. I have been reading the threads on meat crosses with great interest and hope to someday have something of value to add to that. I have been wanting to raise some chickens for all of my adult life and some of my childhood, but the time has just never been right. Hopefully that right time will be soon. I do have Sable dairy goats that I raise for milk and to show. They are really great and I think they make a wonderful homestead animal.
I have a wonderful husband that while disinterested in these crazy animal hobbies, he is supportive and lets me do what I want with them. We have a two year old son that is the greatest. He is already a little farm boy and I hope he doesn't outgrow it! We live on an acre in the country, in Northern New Mexico, and have a large garden. We hope to slowly buy some of the surrounding land so we can expand our small farm. I look forward to getting to know all of you and learning from you as well. Someday I hope to be someone that is doing the teaching. Thanks!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm sure you'll love having chickens once you get them!

welcome-byc.gif
. Hope you find lots of info, I think I could have gotten my chickens going without BYC, but certainly with more pain for them and me, this site is incredible, hope you enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom