Hello everyone!

bonnieciesluk

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 23, 2013
Hi all! I recently acquired 2 Khaki Campbell ducklings by accident and have searched for info on this site a million times in the last few days so I thought I'd join! We got the ducklings almost a week ago from the horse farm where my oldest son works. The owner has a flock of adult Pekins and bought 12 Khaki hatchlings hoping the Pekins would help parent them, but they didn't. Well, one of the ducklings got stepped on by a horse and had a mangled looking leg. It was having trouble keeping up with the others and they were bullying it so even though I have absolutely no duck knowledge or experience, I told my son to bring it home. He brought the injured one and one other to keep it company. From what I can tell, I believe them to be about 2 or 3 weeks old, they have just started to get longer tail feathers and I think there are feathers starting to come in under their fluff. After a rough few days, I am happy to report an amazing improvement in the injured duckling's mobility! The swelling has gone almost all the way down and although still a little crooked looking, it looks like the leg and foot will be fully functional! In the mean time, my whole family has completely fallen in love with them and we are considering asking if we can keep them, or if not getting some of our own.
I'd like to thank all of you for the amazing wealth of info I've been able to find here. All of my questions have been answered and I've learned so much! I look forward to sharing more duck info with you all in the
future. :)

Back
Top Bottom