Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LittleBeaks, Sep 12, 2013.

1. LittleBeaks

LittleBeaks New Egg

Sep 12, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    My name is Mikayla. I am currently in high school. I am in an animal/agricultural science class, and we are doing an SAE. (Supervised Agricultural Experience) I decided to get into growing chickens, since my dad, and my grandparents used to go it too. I live in Marshall, North Carolina. I was looking on Craigslist, and found some chicks for sale close by. They were four dollars a piece. On the ad, they said the breed is Buff Orpington Rhode Island Red Cross. No idea what that is, but they're really beautiful, so I'll take it. Lol. I have no idea really what I'm doing, so I'm relying on this site and other things and books around to learn about what I do. I have a little rooster and hen, Around maybe 10 weeks? 9? I have no clue. Haha. The rooster is certainly a trouble maker, while the hen and I are a perfect match. I am sure I'll love raising chickens. I plan on breeding them, also. We'll see how that works out. :)
    Here's a picture of the two: It's a little blurry because I was in the car on the way home after we bought them.
    [​IMG]

The one in front is the boy, and the one in back is the girl. They are certainly loving living here. They have eaten a bunch and drank some water and are ready for a nice rest after a long day. :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC Mikayla! :) [​IMG]

3. Changs Market

Changs Market New Egg

Sep 12, 2013
    So sound so excited! That is how a introduction should be!

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    :welcome Congratulations on your new chicks! That is a nice mix, you should be very happy with them. In case you haven't noticed them, the Learning Center has some really nice articles on chick care and chickens in general.

5. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

6. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. glendaschicks

glendaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2013
    Welcome! I love your enthusiasm... Good luck!

9. LittleBeaks

LittleBeaks New Egg

Sep 12, 2013
    North Carolina, USA
    Thank you all!! You can check out my blog for daily updates on our chicken coop progress! I'm very excited! I know they will be so happy when they get in there. :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by