Hello everyone!

LittleBeaks

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 12, 2013
North Carolina, USA
My name is Mikayla. I am currently in high school. I am in an animal/agricultural science class, and we are doing an SAE. (Supervised Agricultural Experience) I decided to get into growing chickens, since my dad, and my grandparents used to go it too. I live in Marshall, North Carolina. I was looking on Craigslist, and found some chicks for sale close by. They were four dollars a piece. On the ad, they said the breed is Buff Orpington Rhode Island Red Cross. No idea what that is, but they're really beautiful, so I'll take it. Lol. I have no idea really what I'm doing, so I'm relying on this site and other things and books around to learn about what I do. I have a little rooster and hen, Around maybe 10 weeks? 9? I have no clue. Haha. The rooster is certainly a trouble maker, while the hen and I are a perfect match. I am sure I'll love raising chickens. I plan on breeding them, also. We'll see how that works out. :)
Here's a picture of the two: It's a little blurry because I was in the car on the way home after we bought them.

The one in front is the boy, and the one in back is the girl. They are certainly loving living here. They have eaten a bunch and drank some water and are ready for a nice rest after a long day. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC Mikayla! :)
frow.gif

:welcome Congratulations on your new chicks! That is a nice mix, you should be very happy with them. In case you haven't noticed them, the Learning Center has some really nice articles on chick care and chickens in general.

Thank you all!! You can check out my blog for daily updates on our chicken coop progress! I'm very excited! I know they will be so happy when they get in there. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom