Hello everyone

Maclinda

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 12, 2014
My name is Linda, just joined this forum after reading that someone had a Red-tail Hawk as a pet, and was also feeding wildlife. The person who posted this was angry that their chickens were being eaten. She only was going to report the feeding of the Osprey, I believe, I have lost that page and can't find it! At any rate be Osprey or another species, it is not illegal to feed a hawk, but it is illegal to feed an Osprey..it is also illegal by law to keep the hawk as a pet without the proper license. If this person sees this post, I hope this did not occur way back somewhere, this is my first foray into this forum specifically to try to give the poster this information. I so hope they did report this person, they are breaking the law.

I'm sorry but, I wouldn't know where that appeared. You could try putting "osprey pet" in the search box - the post might come up,it's worth a try

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I wouldn't know about the laws or licenses needed for hawks since I've never had any hawks, nor intend to get any, but I appreciate you letting us know. I do recall seeing a post some time ago where someone had a Red-tail hawk, but I don't recall the user name of the member who had it. If I do happen to run into him on line again, I'll be sure and pass this information along. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom