Hello everyone!

Pcgirly

In the Brooder
May 11, 2015
Hi My name is Elena but I go by pcgirly. I am very new to chickens. I got my first 2 chickens from a church member who wanted to sell her coop along with the hen and rooster. 1 week later out of the blue another church member said she was done with her chickens to come choose 1 of 3 coops and half of her chickens. I was so excited, I ended up with 6 of those 18 because i just got exhausted chasing them....lol

I have a total of 7 hens and 1 rooster, it was 8/1 but just this past Saturday I left my son in charge of making sure all the chickens were in the coop but he left 1 out and "something" got her...we still have no clue what.

I honestly have no clue what breeds I have except 1 I know is a silky, we call her dodo bird because shes tiny and just adorable.

I found this site on Pinterest looking for information on chickens.

Aside from my chickens which I have instantly fallen in love with , I recently set up my garden for this year, will be working on making a brand new fire pit this coming weekend and love my backyard.

I am a work from home mom of 3 which 1 still lives at home I am grandma to the sweetest 2 year old little girl and I recently signed up for an online course ..Introduction to Computer Science through Harvard University on edX.

welcome-byc.gif

We're glad you joined!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

How great you can still stay at home and exercise your brain cells - wow Harvard- you go girl. Welcome to Backyard chickens. You could also check in the on the Silkie thread they aren't so much dodos as their crests and beards do a lot of obscure their vision. When they are cut back, silkies IQ's shoot way up. They generally make great broody mothers.

Back
Top Bottom