Hello everyone!

NOSA

In the Brooder
May 24, 2015
Monterey Bay
We were cruising the good ol costco and I saw the chicken coop they sell, I thought that it would be awesome to have some
Fresh eggs every morning and after even convincing a then apprehensive wife she reluctantly let me buy the coop, I then took her to our local feed store to get some questions answered and she was in love the minute she saw the chicks. Our daughters were napping at the time and began to wake and were absolutely excited to wake up to their mom holding baby chicks so naturally she was hooked. We have a lot to learn and it's great that we have some fellow enthusiasts on this site to help us along the way. I'm already planning the coop and some planter boxes for her to start planting some veggies, she says I'm not allowed to get a goat, we'll see about that hehehe

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Raising chickens is a wonderful experience that the entire family can enjoy. And of course, you all can enjoy the good eggs that come with it!

We started with a garden, added a few chickens, then goats, then rabbits, then more chickens, then a bigger garden, and 2 greenhouses. Now we're talking about adding geese (maybe next year). See what can happen?

Hope you & your family have fun with your new flock. It's nice to have you here!

welcome-byc.gif
glad you have joined us. Congrats on your new flock.

Do visit the learning center, there's a lot of great articles there to help you get started.

You should also explore the coop/run forums and evaluate the coop you have bought to make sure it will be appropriate in size for your flock. Many of the purchased coops are really too small for the number of chickens they advertise.

Have fun, enjoy every minute, they do grow up quite fast.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC @NOSA !!
welcome-byc.gif

I'm glad you joined the flock!!
wee.gif

Many adventures await you and your flock. If you have any questions, feel free to ask around!!
big_smile.png

D.gif
jumpy.gif
-Turkenstein25
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom