hello fellow chicken enthusiasts!!!

somnio01

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 15, 2014
Although I am not new to forums I never thought I would find myself on a chicken forum nor did I think I would get such enjoyment over poultry!!

A little about myself and our flock, my boyfriend and I are new to the chicken world, although he grew up in a farm with all types of livestock and he has always wanted to go back to his roots, I am newer in this area we had a small flock of bramhas when we first moved out to the acreage when I was younger I definitely do not have his experience. We are proud owners of 12 ( unfortunately we lost one hen to a hawk) ameraucana mix chickens, 4 brahma, 7 mascovy ducks,4 geese and 4 2 weeks old royal palm turkeys. I can't believe how much enjoyment I get out of watching these birds, and all these guys are extremely friendly and come running hoping for a treat. Except the geese we got them when they were older so they are more stand offish but that's okay. So yes now that I have told you about our flock I can't wait to read about yours

Hello hello! and welcome! I'm new as well, still trying to get into being active on forums, as it's not something i've done very much. I'm glad you're enjoying watching your birds being birds!

Welcome as well its been awhile since I've been on a forum, it's nice to be back there are so many helpful people on forums!!! What type of chickens do you have?

Welcome to backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock. Have you visited our Learning center, it is a great place to start.

I am making my way there, I'm reading up on the different breeds, I can not believe how many there are and how close some of them look, not sure how you can tell them apart

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry you lost one of your hens to a hawk. You have a nice mixed flock. The first breed I ever had (about 50 years ago) were Brahmas and they were gentle giants. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom