Hello Fellow Chicken Keepers

May 12, 2019
Oregon
We are just beginning our chicken adventure. We have had chickens in the past but honestly not as a serious hobby. We appreciated the eggs but also let the ladies free range a great deal of the time and unfortunately ended up with a predator issue. This time we have a much safer redesigned coop and enclosed space and out outside time will be much more structured. Our little ladies are still chicks and only in a chick covered playpen for some fun in the grass playtime. Then returned to a safe brooder space for the night. I love knowledge and Seeing what works for different people. I enjoy taking what works for us and our situation and applying it to ensure our chickens are happy healthy and laying wonderful eggs. Excited to see where this path leads the Holland Homestead ♥️

Thank you we jumped into chickens thinking we had a great healthy system and it seemed awesome at first but the learning curve was painful! Here’s to continued education growing and positive experiences

Learning curve indeed, I had my own. Both good experiences and bad teach us something, so all we can do is learn the lesson and move on!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
What breed(s) did you get this time around?
Sorry I was so happy someone talked to me I skipped part of the question - we have a very diverse flock. Honestly it’s a hodgepodge I will attempt to post some pictures eventually I am a slow learner with technology. We have Orpington,Australop,Easter Egger, Sussex,Plymouth Rock,star and Silkies who are in their own coop area. I know what a mixed bag. We have had goats,horses,rabbits,dogs,cats with great success hoping now that we are empty nest grown kiddo parents chickens end up on our success board too,

Back
Top Bottom