Hello: four bantams, 10 months old; Maryland

It could be the grainy images, but to my (horrible) eyes it looks like they don't have completely clean legs.

I doubt they have any Cochin if they don't have feathered legs. Cochin's have pretty heavily feathered feet and usually that passes on
I've seen some hatchery Cochins with feathering more like a Marans. Body shape and lack of completely clean legs made me think Cochin.

Your eyes are easily 10x better than mine though. I could be seeing something that's not even there. 🤣

Three more pix, two pretty good of the dark ladies. I think that one of them has a small feathered tuft on one leg. More on that later. We have uncharacteristic dark weather with morning storms possible. The other one shows rumps and colors of the two lighter, more compact birdies.

You are so helpful and I appreciate this.

No eggs yet. Though expecting soon.

Thank you.

Happy chickening!

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 5
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 4
I've seen some hatchery Cochins with feathering more like a Marans. Body shape and lack of completely clean legs made me think Cochin.

Your eyes are easily 10x better than mine though. I could be seeing something that's not even there. 🤣
You are right about them having some feathers! I missed that. They're all mixes then, some with Brown Red OEGB and some with OEGB perhaps and probably Cochin somewhere too because of the feathered legs!

Back
Top Bottom