Hello from a High School!

Ms Henkins

Hatching
Apr 7, 2016
Hey BYC Community,

I'd like to introduce myself and my group-- I'm a teacher at a small boarding school in Massachusetts, and as part of our service learning project, 14 students and I are getting chickens! We hope to teach some good lessons through raising chickens as well as important technical skills. We're going to be using the eggs to raise awareness about how much healthier free-range chicken eggs are in comparison to eggs in the grocery store, and any eggs that we don't use or sell will be donated to our local food pantry for those who cannot afford to eat organic.

Take a look at the blog we just started-- a work in progress, but I'm hoping to have 1-2 student blogs a week.

I look forward to getting advice from y'all about raising chickens since all of us are newbies!

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
glad to have you join us.

You should explore the Learning Center for articles to help you care for your new flock.

Here's hoping you are getting all pullets and won't have to make decisions on rehoming any roosters.

Hi and welcome to BYC - sounds like you have a great project going on!

I hope that you make the most of the resources here on BYC. If your students have any questions, please feel free to post (explaining that its a student asking - if that is the case) as we are very supportive of young people wanting to learn about keeping poultry.

Wishing you all the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom