Hello from a newbie and a quick question

So now another question: After getting the humidity tamed, it had been running mid 40's. I work nights so I looked last night before going to work and humidity was the same but apparently the water trough wasn't as full as it looked so, by the time I got home, the water was gone and humidity had dropped to 13%. I fixed it right away but I'm not sure how long it had been that low (12 hours at the most). I'm on day 5 of incubation, is this brief drop likely to cause problems?

So now another question: After getting the humidity tamed, it had been running mid 40's. I work nights so I looked last night before going to work and humidity was the same but apparently the water trough wasn't as full as it looked so, by the time I got home, the water was gone and humidity had dropped to 13%. I fixed it right away but I'm not sure how long it had been that low (12 hours at the most). I'm on day 5 of incubation, is this brief drop likely to cause problems?
Stay the course. In the wild, the incubator leaves to eat/drink so you have a little play room for fluctuations. Obviously too many fluctuations will hurt your hatch, but its hard to nuke an ENTIRE hatch unless you are just being really careless. If you have space you can add a larger water pan so as to give you more time for evaporation. Since your humidity is a bit on the low side too you can experiment with closing the vents a little bit. You can run your humidity as high 55% (even 60% works but isn't optimal)

Ok, relaxed now :) I hadn't mentioned it in earlier posts but after getting the initial high humidity to drop, I closed the vent again and it was with the vent closed and the outer water trough filled that I was obtaining the mid 40's. I have the turner installed so I don't have a lot of extra room but I might try adding a sponge or something to reach low to mid 50's. Has anyone done anything other than this to make small humidity adjustments?

Back
Top Bottom