Hello from a newbie duck owner in Maine!

willowbirdks

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 28, 2014
Hi All,

I'm Sarah, and my family and I just got 5 week-old Ancona ducklings. I've never owned any kind of bird before, although my husband did have chickens as a child. We've read LOTS of material on raising ducks, including threads all over BYC, and now we're trying to put it all into practice. :)

In addition to the ducks, we have 2 pet rabbits and 2 cats.

Looking forward to participating here!

Last edited:

TwoCrows

A Native Raven
Staff member
Premium member
9 Years
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop

Welcome to BYC!

Awww....how adorable are they!!!
I don't keep ducks, but I think they are the cutest things! If you need any help with your new babies or just want to talk duck, or even share these adorable pics, you can do so in our duck section. I am sure the duck members will love to see your new babies....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Enjoy your new cutie pies and welcome to our flock!

willowbirdks

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 28, 2014

Welcome to BYC!

Awww....how adorable are they!!!
I don't keep ducks, but I think they are the cutest things! If you need any help with your new babies or just want to talk duck, or even share these adorable pics, you can do so in our duck section. I am sure the duck members will love to see your new babies....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Enjoy your new cutie pies and welcome to our flock!
Thank you for the warm welcome! I spent a great deal of time browsing the duck forum before we decided to purchase these little guys... And even read some breed reviews. :) BYC was a great source of information to me before we embarked on this project, so I figured I'd better join up.

I hope I'll get active in the duck forum at some point soon, just figured I'd follow all of the welcome directions and introduce myself to the world at large as well. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Top Bottom