Hello from a Newbie in California

Barnyard Peeps

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2015
Hello all, Thank you for all the information, ideas and enthusiasm you've shared with me. I finally posted the chicken coop design after working on the coop for a few months. We are very excited to be getting our first eggs, we have 5 Australorps, 3 Ameraucana's and 1 buff rock.

Thank you SO much- it was a lot of work, but so worth it to see them in it and to be getting eggs!
smile.png

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Your coop and flock are both gorgeous. Thanks for posting the pics. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds), and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (our children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

What a beautiful coop. You could rent it out as a getaway cabin, if the chickens wouldn't mind. I see you backed the windows with hardware cloth - excellent choice,

Welcome to Backyard chickens., glad to have you.

Thank you, I've been really pleased with the calm personalities of the australorps and the buff rock ( which we thought was an orpington but all her brothers had whiter legs and she was the only one with yellow legs) They are closely related from what I understand anyway. So funny to watch them run about.

You could rent it out as a getaway cabin,

Funny you should say that... as we were building I said, if this chicken thing doesn't work out we can convert it to a tiny home
big_smile.png

Thank you, I've been really pleased with the calm personalities of the australorps and the buff rock ( which we thought was an orpington but all her brothers had whiter legs and she was the only one with yellow legs) They are closely related from what I understand anyway. So funny to watch them run about.

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom