Hello from a not-so-new member!

Hello BYC! :frow I’m not actually a new member, but back when I first joined, I never made a, “New Member Introduction,” so I figured I’d make one now!

Hi! My name’s Kathi! Some of you may’ve seen me around recently. I actually joined in May of 2022, but wasn’t very active back then. I returned a few months ago with a new flock, new questions, and new answers! :) I’d love to become a regular on here and help out in anyway that I can.

I first got into duck-keeping back in fall of 2021. I moved house and inherited 4 ducks from the previous owner. Since then, I’ve hatched oh-so many ducklings, gave most of them away, lost some ducks, gained some ducks, and at the moment, I have 3 adult ducks and 10 of their gorgeous ducklings! I’ve written a more in-depth version of this in the ‘About’ section on my profile, in case you’d like to know more!

My adult ducks are Caramel, a Khaki-mix, Cherry, a Crested Pekin, and Pitaya, a Blue Swedish-mix.
View attachment 3763843
View attachment 3763845

The ducklings are the offspring of Caramel and Cherry and are split into two groups. The ‘Big 5’ consists of Laffy, Peach, Prickly, Banana, and Guava.
View attachment 3763846
View attachment 3763847
View attachment 3763849
View attachment 3763850
View attachment 3763851

And the ‘Little 5’ has Lemon, Coconut, Coffee, Strawberry, and Peppermint.
View attachment 3763852
View attachment 3763863
View attachment 3763855
View attachment 3763864
View attachment 3763854

I’ve learned so much more about ducks than I ever thought I would! I’m not an expert by any means, but if you have / know anyone who has questions relating to duck breed identification, hatching ducklings, or just ducks in general, feel free to @ me, and I’ll do my best to help!

I also make art, write, do photography, and do general animal-identification as hobbies :)
Thank you for your introduction. Your ducks and your photography are beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom