Hello from a The LRR Coop in TN!

Thank you and no she hasn't. Sadly, our first one was just at the age to start laying when she was killed by a predator. We were devastated. Now I'm anxiously awaiting an egg from our Flossy. I'm guessing probably another six to eight weeks maybe. I can't wait!! We lost our Coronation Sussex as well. It is heartbreaking. It was also a setback in our egg production. My husband is now a nightly hunter. I may be making a mistake by having so many different breeds, but I love variety!!!
You are definitely not making a mistake and having so many different breeds. I have several breeds as well I think I have about six different breeds and I plan on adding four more breeds to my flock in the spring. I like the variety of colors, even my ducks are mixed matched.

Hi, and Welcome from your neighbor to the west. Your flock is really pretty and varied. I love that. What kind of chicken is the brown with white speckles? She looks like my Speckled Sussex. They are such friendly birds. I have a Black Copper Marans that just laid her second egg. They are pretty dark, but the Welsummer eggs are just about as brown. I love them all.

Aloha, welcome to BYC!
A small farm sounds wonderful and an active retirement for you folks. Love the photos of your girls- very pretty! Sorry for your losses, unfortunately that is part of keeping these cute, fragile and crazy creatures. We almost always win more than we lose though. What other critters are you harboring on your small farm? I love photos!!! ;) Good fun and like a dream come true. Enjoy!

Hello and welcome! Glad to have you join us and look forward to interacting with you. Please share some pictures of your flock. I truly love seeing flock pictures <3 Isn't it absolutely crazy that, of all animals, chickens just warm my heart right up :love

Edited to add: I see that you already posted pictures. I love your flock! Thank you so much for sharing. The fluffy black one with white is gorgeous! That must be the breed that I've not heard of. I can't stop looking at that beautiful chicken! I love how colorful your flock is. I noticed that I had too many black birds and 1 Buff Orpington, so I added some adorable chicks that will bring more color to my flock and my eggs, once they start laying. Thanks again for sharing. Welcome!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom