Hello from Afghanistan!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CombatBob, Dec 4, 2011.

1. CombatBob

CombatBob Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2011
    So I'm out here with the Navy in the middle of the dessert (if that makes any sence) and have had the opportunity to start a small flock. Although its just me raising chickens right now the altimate goal is to have a flock big enough to help support our small camp with eggs and eventually meat. I have 2 Aseels (1 hen & 1 roo) that are very common in this part of the world. I wanted more but didn't have the resourses so I'll just have to wait for the 6 eggs my hen is sitting on to hatch, which sould be in about 2 weeks. So far I've had a blast raising my chickens and they are about the only things out here that I like about this country. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    Awsome!!! [​IMG] Hoping your hatch goes well!!!

3. FlaRocky

FlaRocky Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

From Clermont, Florida, USA

Good luck with your hatch. Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving. Thank you for all you are doing to keep America safe. Please keep us up to date on your hatch. Post lots of photos.

Thanks,

Maye

4. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    What a great project! Good luck on your hatch and keep us posted on how things go! Be safe and [​IMG]

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Love the picture! Make sure you post more pictures when they hatch!

6. Newwell

Newwell Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] & [​IMG] from Oregon. Neat that you have chickens. Good luck with the hatch.
    My Hubby was in the Navy for 8 years, but not in the middle of a desert. How wild is that? A Naval man in the middle of NO water. [​IMG] That's the Navy!!!

7. KrisH

KrisH Chillin' With My Peeps

Best of luck, and thank you for your service.

Robert h

8. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    thank you for doing what you do, and please thank the other members of your camp from all us crazy chicken people as well.

nice that you're raising a little flock, very cool!

good luck on your hatch!
    glad you're here. [​IMG]

9. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from FL!

Let's get a few of these [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] going for your eggs and you. Thank you for serving our country! [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  10. CombatBob

CombatBob Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2011
    Thanks for everyones support. Here's a picture of my Aseel roo Chuck. I think he's the coolest rooster I've ever seen. I try to spend about an hour a day in the coop cracking corn and just hanging out. I'll sometimes bring bread as a treat and Chuck loves it. He'll sit and squawk at me if I don't feed him fast enough. My hen, Annie, is 100% devoted to hatching her eggs. I haven't seen her come out of the coop for over a week now. I will definantly post pics of the chicks when they arrive.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by