Hello from Arizona!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lyongirl, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Lyongirl

Lyongirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    My husband and I just started considering owning chickens so I've been researching but we don't own any, as of yet. I just ordered the chickens for dummies book off of amazon and we are looking for a small coop design to build. We just want a few chickens in our backyard that will be partly free range and just for eggs. I'm getting really excited after reading a lot of your posts so I thought I'd join since I know I'll have lots of questions! My name is Becki and I'm 23, just married last year. I'm currently a dog groomer so I'm quite the animal person [​IMG]. We also own ferrets and a rabbit, as well as our 3 dogs (a boxer, a chinese crested, and a husky/shephard mix). Nice to meet everyone!

2. pookiegoldman

pookiegoldman Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    Grand Isle, Louisiana
    A warm welcome from Louisiana! Don't hesitate to ask questions here! People are always willing to help out [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Hey Becky,

Welcome.

Where do you live.

We have a goodly number on here from AZ and we talk about Arizona chickens and how to deal with the HEAT.

Looks like you already found us over there!

Good job.

[​IMG]

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington.

Getting chickens? Good idea

Imp

5. Lyongirl

Lyongirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2010
    Hi everyone!

I'm over in Queen Creek. We still have to build a coop and find some chicks to buy but I'm starting to get super excited about the whole thing. I think I'm driving the husband crazy [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by