Hello from Arizona!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by busybecca, Sep 10, 2011.

1. busybecca

busybecca Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    Arizona
    Hello all,

First of all - thank you for this site! When our family decided to finally enter the wonderful world of chickens, we realized we are completely clueless, and completely excited. We have really been thankful for the information on this site.
    We have 4 new members of our family - 2 Rhode Island Reds (Pippa and Cutie) and 2 New Hampshire Reds (Cinnamon and Scarlett). They are 21 1/2 weeks old. We call them "the girls" since I am outnumbered by my 2 boys and their daddy! My girls love our leftover veggies and we just clipped their wings for the first time with no drama! We also have 2 inside cats and 2 sweet dogs (that have to come inside when the girls have "yard time"). We still haven't seen any eggs, but all of the chickens try to fit in the nesting boxes together - they are like a little herd which is so funny to watch. We did lose one Rhode Island Red to the heat we assume, (it was over 114 F.) a few weeks ago which broke our hearts, but all the other ones have always been healthy, strong and very sweet.
    We are anxiously awaiting the first eggs - my facebook account details the wait much to my friends dismay! [​IMG]
    I do have one question - I totally want the red hooded shirt "My pet makes me breakfast" but I noticed that it is only in XL. Is there some more to come so I can proudly display my new found addiction and love for my girls? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  2. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from TX [​IMG]

3. busybecca

busybecca Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2011
    Arizona
    Thank you!

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

5. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    [​IMG] from NY

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

8. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

9. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! So glad you joined the "flock".

10. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. You can PM one of the moderators so they can get an answer for you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by