Hello from Arkansas!

Foxy_Lady

Chirping
Apr 9, 2019
Arkansas
Hello all, I'm from Arkansas, not far from Fort Smith. A friend of mine turned me on to your forum to help catch up on poultry knowledge.

I'm a Nana to two grand-children, 5 and 3 years old. They keep me on my toes daily. This year will make 20 years married. He also keeps me on my toes daily. :) I like photography, the outdoors, gardening, and horses and cats and dogs and now chickens. I also write a bit on the side, when I get time. Yeah right, time. What's that? ;)

I've never had chickens before as I am allergic to them, especially the down of the chicks. So, why now? Why period? :) About 3 months ago, a lone chicken showed up on our deck during a bad night of thunderstorms. She was completely soaked. The next day, she was still here. And she's never left. We call her Sweetie. My husband has always wanted chickens and so now I tell him it only took him 20 years to wear me down on the subject. I'm a chicken mom. lol

Currently, I have the one hen, who has started laying for us, and 6 chicks. I've no clue what breed the hen is, probably a mix. The chicks are Red Sex Link and I think/hope Buff Orpington. Those were the two breeds in the tub I bought them from. I didn't want a whole passel of birds initially. I was happy with the one. But...out of necessity, we bought a chicken coop/run for Sweetie to be safe in at night. Then, well...it seemed kind of silly to have spent that much on a house for one chicken and she needed a friend, right? So I bought pullets and supposedly according to state law, I had to buy at least 6. So there ya go. I went from 1 to 7 chickens in one day.

I want to thank everyone ahead for any and all help you offer on this new journey I have embarked upon.

041A7359-AEF0-4A4B-8CF5-D7E68675BFB1.jpeg
Welcome to BYC!
Congrats on your flock!​

Back
Top Bottom