Hello from Australia 🙂✌️

Phukenell

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2023
Hello Just bought my 4 first chickens 🙂 We found some real nice Gold Laced Wyandotte Pullets about 16 Weeks old. They’re already a very large bird with some more to go. A bit nervous as my wife and I only want them healthy and happy. I mixed Black sunflower, Wheat, Cracked Corn and some Layer mix together does this sound like a good base diet ? Some shell grit also I’ve read. They’ll have some great bugs, grass from free ranging as well. Will probably be making a menace asking questions as there’s quite a bit to learn but we’re real excited to give it a go. :highfive:

Hello and welcome! :frow
I live in NSW, so its very nice to meet you!
I would feed a bit more of the layer pellets, and a bit less of the grains, keeping them more for treats.
Or, you can do as I do, and feed grower pellets to them, with shell grit on the side.
This is a very good brand of food, I have found.
https://thevellagroup.com.au/

Hello Just bought my 4 first chickens 🙂 We found some real nice Gold Laced Wyandotte Pullets about 16 Weeks old. They’re already a very large bird with some more to go. A bit nervous as my wife and I only want them healthy and happy. I mixed Black sunflower, Wheat, Cracked Corn and some Layer mix together does this sound like a good base diet ? Some shell grit also I’ve read. They’ll have some great bugs, grass from free ranging as well. Will probably be making a menace asking questions as there’s quite a bit to learn but we’re real excited to give it a go. :highfive:
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom