Hello from Australia! I have eggs and not much idea what to do!

Hi all,

It's been over a year since I updated everyone, so this is how my Pacific Black ducks ended up:

I had advice from a couple of different wildlife carers and the general consensus was that the ducks would do just fine on their own as they do have a strong survival instinct. Then one day, they started flying from my yard into the neighbours yard and then I knew it was time to set them free.

About 25km from my place is a big wetland bird reserve with permanent water and a thriving population of ducks. Being a managed reserve it has active fox/dog control. I was also told that permanent water was ideal so that they would be less likely to wander to areas where hunting is permitted.

The birds were released into Wonga Wetlands (Albury, NSW, Australia). The first day they just hung around so I took them back home. The second day they checked things out and flew off. My son cried.

We go back regularly to sit in the bird hides around the lagoons and even though there is no way to tell, we like to think that our ducks are still there, hanging with the other ducks and still as fat as butter. XXX

Welcome to BYC!!
frow.gif

If you have any questions, i'm here to help!! Just PM me!!

-Turkenstein25

Back
Top Bottom