Hello from Australia!

Dame Edna

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 24, 2013
Hi all,

We live in Brisbane, Australia. I have always had chickens in my life and now I'm passing on my love for birds to my own children. We have 9 chickens and 6 chicks, about 5 weeks old, yet to know if we have any roosters in this bunch and peafowl, 1 cock and 2 hens. We live on 10 acres and homeschool our children on our own piece of paradise :)

Looking forward to talking 'chickens' with you all!

Hello, and greetings from Iowa, USA. I'm guessing you didn't have to thaw out icy waterers today like we did. We raise 2 boys and 26 chickens on our little 5 acres. Next on the way is a rabbit for our youngest then a calf in the spring ... 6 months away here.

Thanks for your welcome! I have posted a thread under Peafowl as I have a question about releasing them and if they are going to fly away to the other peafowl they are communicating with down the valley. If you have any peafowl I would love to hear from you… Here is the thread link… https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/839700/will-my-peafowl-fly-away

And bstromgren, certainly no icy waters here! We are currently keeping a watch on our water containers daily as it is about 30C degs at the moment (which is about 86F, google says) My 6yo daughter asked, 'do they (you) live in the North Pole?' LOL! Time to get the atlas out!

Cheers!

Lots of aussies on here. If you want to reach them try "Australia, six states and one funny little island." or "Australians, where are you?" They also participate on the Emu threads. IF you check out the Peafowl threads on "Other Backyard Poultry" forum you may find your question has already been answered. I'm not certain but, I think I have read of people in USA that have large pens for them with a top, so they cannot fly away. I'm sure other things factor into it.

Congrats on Jason Day on his big golf win. I always cheer for the aussies. I'm from a suburb of Chicago, Illinois USA.

Hi and :welcome

from Adelaide
Great to have you here!
And yes, it's been getting quite warm down here recently as well. :lol:

Enjoy the site.

Tell her, not quite the north pole, but it feels like it sometimes. But, if we run into Santa Claus, we'll tell him she said hello.

Back
Top Bottom