Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Made In Oz, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Made In Oz

Made In Oz New Egg

Aug 28, 2014
    Hi Everyone
    I've been looking up lot's of helpful info on this for a while now so decided it was time to join. It's been a number of years since I've had Chooks however a recent lifestyle change has now led me to not only keeping Chickens, 16 in total, I also have 8 Muscovy's (4, aprox 3 weeks old), 3 Pilgrim Geese, 12 Turkey's (8 aprox 10 weeks old), 2 Jap Quails, 5 Dogs and 2 Cats. I'm planning on adding a few Peacocks and Peahens, (which I did have previously but sadly lost them to a predator along with a Goose and a few of my favourite chooks), a miniature horse and maybe a Donkey. Nearly all of them have names, which causes my friends and family much amusement considering they're all named after friends and family. One of the Female Turkey's names is John, after my deceased brother but that's a whole new story. By trade I'm a Photographer/Journo. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, learning from all your experiences and sharing my Hobby Farm stories and pictures with all of you.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community! Sorry you lost some of your flock to a predator. But it sounds like you have a lovely flock!

This is the place to be when you own poultry! Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

So pull up a roost bar and welcome to our flock!

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help. [​IMG]

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sorry for your loss![​IMG]

5. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    G'day What, no emus? I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos. Welcome to BYC, glad you joined our flock. We also have an aussie thread "Australia, six states and one funny little island."

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    G'day and welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chooks do you have?

9. Made In Oz

Made In Oz New Egg

Aug 28, 2014
    No Emu's as pets but plenty run wild around here.
    All the Chooks have been handed down from people who couldn't look after them any longer, we are in the middle of a horrible drought and some Farmers have just given up unfortunately. I believe they are nothing special, only crossbreeds. I'll post some pictures soon and maybe you guy's can tell me?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  10. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Post them and we'll take a shot at them. :eek:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by