1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Austria

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Graureiher, May 17, 2011.

1. Graureiher

Graureiher New Egg

May 17, 2011
    Hello, I'm an American living in Austria (for the past 12 years). 3 years ago we bought a little house with a teeny yard - and I could finally have chickens! I have bantam Bielefelders (a German auto-sexing breed), 7 hens and a roo, and three silkie hens in buff, partridge and black. They look really nice all together. The buff silkie went broody this spring and hatched out one Bielefelder pullet, and I was unbelievably thrilled. I also raise rabbits for meat, and there's a few kids running around here too. I'm looking forward to taking part in this great forum!

2. Dannee

Dannee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    [​IMG]

3. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    [​IMG] You have a nice crew there! Austria sounds wonderful, I have family that travel there frequently. Glad you got chickens and found this site! [​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Welcome! Ooh, Austria, one of my favorite names for a country. I know next to nothing about it. I just like the way it sounds. [​IMG]

Enjoy the site!

6. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Hi [​IMG]

7. Poverty Knob

Poverty Knob Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    [​IMG] from Kansas. [​IMG]

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

9. Dybael

Dybael Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    Bielefelders? Are you sure they exist? I'm a bit dubious considering that Bielefeld apparently doesn't exist. (I was on a Wikipedia binge the other day that took me to the page for 'Bielefeld Conspiracy'. It's one of those "Have you ever met a person from ___? Ever been there? Ever met anyone that's been there? No? Then it's clearly fictional!" things. Kinda like Wyoming. [​IMG])

Anyway, hello and welcome!

10. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by