1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from AZ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tracydr, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

Just wanted to say hello. I'm from Mesa, AZ I've raised poultry for nearly 20 years ( chickens, guineas, peafowl, a few ducks) and then moved to AZ while going through a divorce. Had to get rid of the birds but just recently decided to try some urban chickens. Mcmurray accidentally sent me a batch of 17 jumbo X, which were decimated by a pitbullls which broke into my yard. One died at age 4 weeks. Just butchered one yesterday at 6 weeks when she developed a bad leg. Will be cooking her tonight.
    Also have 5 Old English Game Bantys and my "free "exotic" which turns out to be a lovely Blue D'Uccle rooster. They are also 6 weeks.
    Mcmurray sent me replacements for my first batch. I now have 22 mixed Pullets- silver leghorns, americaunas, Egyptian fayoumis, buttercups and golden penciled hamburgs. I'd like to sell abbot ten of the Americaunas and silver leghorns so that I get down to a reasonable number, plus of course some of the Bamtam roosters.
    In about two years, we'll be moving and hope to buy a large acreage, perhaps 80-100 acres. I'd like to start raising a variety of poultry again, especially gunieas, ducks, peafowl, quail and geese. I feed my dogs fresh meat rather than dog food and would love to provide them with home raised varieties of feed, rather than depending on store-bought, cage raised meat. Not to mention eating good meat ourselves.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. nurseshelly

nurseshelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Gilbert AZ
  3. Tracydr

Tracydr Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't. Thanks for letting me know that there even is an AZ thread!

4. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Welcome from Ohio [​IMG]

7. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

8. scottysquails

scottysquails Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from MS

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

10. benjoycei

benjoycei Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011