Hello from bantam home,

bantam home

In the Brooder
Jan 14, 2016
I am new to this site.I tried to post an introduction but not sure that it went through. I found very helpful advice about why my bantams just started dying without signs of any illness. One of your members had what sounded like the same problem. I just wanted to say thanks for all the helful advice. I have two of my sweet bantams dead now and another seven very sick.

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

We are glad you joined us!

Aww no, I am very sorry to hear that. Have you considered quarantining the ones that are sick so they wont keep infecting your flock?

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry for the loss of your bantams. It's always sad to lose some of our flock. :eek:( I'm glad that the BYC members have been of help to you. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Thank you, yes I separated them.I do have ten new chicks from bantams that were already separated. Hopefully those mommas and chicks will be ok. I also have one still sitting so I may up with even more. This is the saddest experience I've ever had with my chickens.

Any chance you could take sick/dying bird(s) to the vet to find out what is causing this? A vet can examine and run tests that are not possible from a website. You may very well be able to treat and save the others. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

I thought about taking one in to a vet but when I visited the co_op they said that vets usually don't specialize in animals like chickens... So they would likely charge me a bunch of money for little or no reults. I started them on antibiotics yesterday which is what the co-op suggested. I also got disinfectant for when all is said and done. They said if it was Meriks (sp) that there was nothing I could do anyway.Thank you for the help though.I have the most spoiled chickens.This has just shocked me so bad.

Last edited:
Looks like the rest of my sweet bantams are doing good today. Thanks everyone for all the help. I Love this site.

Back
Top Bottom