Hello from Beautiful Bellingham in Wonderful Washington

LadyHamster

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
I am the Proud Mortgage Payer of a 10 acre farm with a little bit of everything 20 miles from the BC border to Canada. My property includes salmon stream and wetland, forest and pasture, ponds and greenhouse garden space and lawn, flower fields and open space.

Here live about 57 domestic animals including Beef Cattle, angora goats, ducks, turkey, geese, Guinea Fowl, peafowl, quail, dove, chicken (many breeds) dogs, cats, turtles, mini dwarf hamsters, exotic toads and the occasional Pig when a 4-her, or FFA kid only has an apartment to have livestock in. They are chemical and hormone free with names as long as their hearts beat, and only cuts when they come home wrapped in white paper. I have been asked what I use to treat their illness', but as in 10 years I have had none, I will keep you informed if I do.

In the native land are beaver, deer, muskrat, mink, coyote, Mountain lion, opossum, mice & Rats (which the yorkshire terrier keeps out of the barn) raccoon, weasel and perhaps a few which I have not had the pleasure to cast or photograph foot prints of as of yet.

Families come here to learn proper ways to interact with nature, and raise food to deposit in the food bank instead of just making withdrawals. I never met an animal I didn't like, yet some people I do have a bit of a hard time with.

My dedication as a dental hygienist is to Home grown Teeth and homegrown food to eat with them.

welcome-byc.gif
from California! I know Bellingham pretty well - almost got a job up there once. You definitely live in wonderful country!

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
again from California

I used to spend every summer in Washington growing up. I used to tell everyone that if I ever moved from here it would be to Washington. Then I got old and didn't like the cold. LOL

Welcome to chickenland!

Back
Top Bottom