Hello from Bozcaada, Turkey

adapapazi

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 24, 2014
Hello,

I am a new member, but chicken owner since 3 years in Bozcaada, a turkish island in Aegean.
I begun with Brahma and Spence 3 years ago, and replaced the chickens dying with chicks bought from local market and grown in our house. All are local egg layer breeds, I only have 2 of the original brahmas left... My first approach and my motivation to buy chickens was that they eat scorpions, wind scorpions and other types of scarying bugs we have here... then I lost a lot of chickens because of mites, before understanding what happened... since 1 year everything is better, and we got 6 chicks this year.
I was looking for a model of coop to enlarge my current one and found backyardchickens.com, with interesting coop models and a lot of information.
I am french, living in a beautiful island with my turkish wife and my little girl, we are freelance designers and web developpers working from a remote location. I love sea fishing, gardening, making my own wine and my chickens.
I will try my best to keep you informed about my next coop, my father in law is an ex agricultural engineer, manager of a governmental chicken research center in Turkey, I am sure we will find good ideas together.

Antoine

Welcome to BYC, Antoine! Glad you decided to join our flock. It sounds like you have a very exciting and wonderful life. The first breed I ever had (about 50 years ago) were Brahmas, and they were gentle giants. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in enlarging your coop.

Hi and bienvenue to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

Scorpions -
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom